This five-part online course reviews building science principles as they relate to the Performance Path option in the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC). This course will introduce RESNET and the HERS Index and relate the principles of building science as they apply to HERS. Explore the ERI/HERS Index as a tool to successfully design and build houses that meet code using the ERI/Performance Path to compliance, while also meeting the minimum prescriptive requirements of the current IECC enforced and/or adopted in the region. Participants will learn about the strategies and tools used by HERS Raters to perform analysis of a house to produce a HERS Index Score. The last part of the session will be spent reviewing energy rating software that is most often used by HERS professionals and manipulating various construction assemblies to see the effect of HERS Index scores.
Gain confidence to achieve compliance with the performance path of the international energy code, and use it to expand construction options, materials choices, and building assemblies. Integrate the HERS/ERI scores as a marketing feature of your high performance homes.
This course is now approved to provide the HERS Associate designation!
This new RESNET certificate level designation is essential for anyone needing a working understanding of RESNET and HERS for uses other than conducting ratings. The HERS Associate is targeted for supplier employees, but is also applicable to architects, engineers, code officials, builders, trade sub-contractors, appraisers, advocacy groups, and any other staff who interfaces with HERS Raters and HERS Ratings.
- Understand basic building science terminology and principles as they relate to the International Energy Code.
- Introduction to RESNET, the HERS Index, and understanding the methods used in calculating an Energy Rating Index and HERS score.
- Understand the implications of different climate zones and building assemblies on the Energy Rating Index and HERS scores.
- Attain a working understanding of computer modeling and the major approved energy rating software packages used in calculating an energy rating.
Learn & Earn*
* All CEUs for the online course are currently pending. Questions? Please contact Nancy Bakeman at email@example.com