"There is the satisfaction that comes from building energy-efficient, high-performance homes."
- Walls: 2x6, 24" o.c., panelized, R-23 total: advance framed, 5.5" blown fiberglass in cavity, 7/16" OSB, house wrap, 20-gauge stucco netting, 3/8" cement base coat stucco.
- Roof: Truss gabled roof & shed roofs: 1/2 gypsum board, roof trusses, 16" R-60 blown-in fiberglass insulation, 7/16" OSB sheathing, #15 roof felt, asphalt shingles.
- Attic: 16", R-60 blown-in fiberglass, 12" raised-heel energy trusses.
- Foundation: Slab on grade: R-10 insulation under slab perimeter. Floor joist cavities above unconditioned spaces filled with dense-packed 12" R-49 blown fiberglass.
- Windows: Double-pane, low-e, vinyl frame; fixed, single-hung, sliding styles, U=0.27, SHGC=0.30-0.35 (depends on what direction the windows are facing).
- Air Sealing: 3.0 ACH50. Closed-cell spray foam at rim joists, mud sills (<3"), top plates, cantilevers (< 5"), attic raised heels (<2"); drywall gasket at subfloor to bottom plate.
- Ventilation: ERV with MERV 8 filter at the air handler, 1.75 CFM/Watt, 66 ASRE, 36 ATRE.
- HVAC: Gas furnace, 97 AFUE, 13 SEER AC, rigid metal, ducts in conditioned space.
- Hot Water: Gas tankless 0.97 UEF.
- Lighting: 100% LED.
- Appliances: ENERGY STAR refrigerator, dishwasher, front-load washer.
- Solar: Solar ready.
- Water Conservation: Low-flow fixtures, hot water recirculation pump, drip irrigation.
- Energy Management System: Programmable thermostat.
- Other: EV charging, low/no-VOC wood products, paints, finishes, carpet pad and glue.