Help us welcome the newest EEBA Board members and learn a little more about who they are.
For over 35 years EEBA has been a trusted resource for building science information and education in the construction industry. As a board-led organization, we rely on the expertise and commitment of these highly knowledgeable individuals. We are proud to introduce our newest board members - Tim O'Brien, Dennis Webb, and Adam Weinstein.
Tim O’Brien, Tim O’Brien Homes
Prior to joining the EEBA Board, the lead building science team member at Tim O’Brien Homes had been asked to get more involved in their mission to learn, share, and contribute to the best practices in building a high-performance, value-based, home. When that person advanced to another position within the company, it made sense for Tim to continue along that path. When he’s not helping to improve homes he is spending time on the lake with his family.
Get to know Tim:
- If you were banned from the construction industry, what industry would you work in and why? “I would join an organization like TEC/Vistage, where I could help support and develop young business leaders by being a chairperson for a number of young entrepreneurial groups. I enjoy helping others grow and accomplish their goals.”
- Favorite quote: “It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is most adaptable to change.” -Charles Darwin.
- If you could have dinner with any person, dead or alive, who would it be and what 3 questions would you ask them? “Vince Lombardi. What did you find was the key ingredient(s) in getting ordinary athletes to be extraordinary? In a sport where there can be large egos and a mindset of individualism, how were you able to construct a vision that removed those obstacles to create one of the most legendary teams in NFL history? How did you stay so focused on the fundamentals of running a play, without constantly trying to take the playbook to the next level?”
Dennis Webb, Fulton Homes
Dennis was inspired to join the EEBA Board after witnessing the infectious passion current board members expressed for building great homes. As the VP of Operations for Fulton Homes, he oversees Sales, Marketing, Operations, and the Fulton Homes Design Center. When he’s not helping to improve homes he is trying to help others improve themselves. Dennis is a graduate of Chapman University and currently resides with his wife, Janis, in Tempe, AZ.
Get to know Dennis:
- If you were banned from the construction industry, what industry would you work in and why? “Retail, because I already know it. I spent my first 20 years in that industry.”
- Favorite quote: “The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing.” -Steven Covey
- If you could have dinner with any person, dead or alive, who would it be and what 3 questions would you ask them? “Abraham Lincoln. What was your vision for the United States? What was the most challenging aspect of your Presidency? What was your greatest accomplishment?”
Adam Weinstein, sonnen, Inc.
As the Senior Sales Manager at sonnen, Inc., Adam chose to join the EEBA Board to expand awareness of the organization, help recruit high quality sponsors, and get involved with the education surrounding sustainable building practices and emerging technology in the building space. It was also important to him to align with those that share a similar mindset and passion for the industry and emerging technology. When he’s not helping to improve homes you can find him on the slopes snowboarding, hiking, traveling, and attending concerts.
Get to know Adam:
- If you were banned from the construction industry, what industry would you work in and why? “Technology in some capacity. Because technology is constantly evolving and helping to solve problems and improve lives.”
- Favorite quote: “The best way to predict your future is to create it.” -Abraham Lincoln
- If you could have dinner with any person, dead or alive, who would it be and what 3 questions would you ask them? “John Lennon. What inspired you to write the songs you did? What are your favorite hobbies? What did you try to achieve with your music?”
Posted by Heather Wallace
Wednesday, August 14, 2019 9:49:00 AM